Try making these delicious homemade raw bars, with no baking required.
Buying raw bars, nutrition bars or energy bars can be very expensive, but if you buy the ingredients in bulk and make them at home, they are actually pretty cheap.
Have a go at making this easy recipe to ensure that you have tasty, healthy snacks, to keep you going this January.
These raw bars are nutritious, packed full of protein and will help to give your body slow-release energy.
Why not try them as a healthy alternative to chocolate bars. These homemade raw bars are also gluten-free, great for vegans and perfect for those who follow a raw food diet.
Homemade Raw Bars Recipe
Ingredients – (makes 16 squares)
- Pecan nuts 50g
- Walnuts 50g
- Cashew nuts (raw unsalted) 50g
- Ground Almonds 55g
- Raisins 30g
- Stoned Dates 80g
- Cocoa Powder (you can also use raw cocoa powder or vegan chocolate powder) 30g
- Add all the ingredients together in a bender and mix for about a minute. It’s ready when the nuts are in small chips and everything is stuck together with the dates and raisins – you can add a teaspoon or two of water to help the mixture to blend if it gets stuck
- Form into squares or bars or roll into balls and refrigerate for an hour to set
- If you like, you can roll the raw bar or ball in desiccated coconut or ground almonds for a different texture
- Once made, you can keep them refrigerated for up to 2 weeks
Try making these tasty, nutritious homemade raw bars for your breakfast, or as a healthy snack. Maybe take some to share at work, as an alternative to the usual cakes and sweets – Enjoy!
If you would like to receive Thrifty Sustainability updates by email when a new article is added, please subscribe here: