Growing your own fruit and vegetables can be so rewarding, as we discovered in this previous post – Why grow your own fruit and vegetables.
Different vegetables need to be planted and picked at different times throughout the year. Planting at the correct time ensures that you get the best quality and quantity of veg from the seeds that you use.
Whether you are growing vegetables in a garden, an allotment, a patio or in a window box – this brilliant grow your own ‘cheat sheet’, has lots of useful information to help you get started.
This infographic will help you to know:
- when to plant each type of vegetable
- how far apart to plant the seeds
- which garden pests to look out for
- how to stop pests from targeting your veg
- which vegetables grow well when planted together
- and the best bit… when to pick them!
Grow your own vegetables – cheat sheet:
Here is a downloadable version of the grow your own vegetables cheat sheet.
Feeling inspired? Get muddy fingers, grow tasty veg and enjoy!
If you would like to receive Thrifty Sustainability updates by email when a new article is added, please subscribe here: